Thursday, June 14, 2012

Calories

One learns so much when they are at BLR and sometimes when you get home it's like shell shock.  What do I eat?  What should I not eat?  When do I exercise?  How do I exercise?  OY- I just got tired typing all of that!!!


Sometimes the simplest things can be the most challenging things.  But let's try to break it down so perhaps we can check in and maybe make that thing a manageable thing.


Calories:
weight loss more or less works like this- calories in vs. calories out (factor in your RMR- resting metabolic rate- for calories out).  If you are eating 2,000 calories a day and burning 300 calories in a work out and your RMR is 1,500 - guess what!?  You are NOT going to lose weight :(   BUT if your knock the shit out it during your workout and stay off of your phone and burn 500ish calories and eat roughly 1,600 calories- guess what- You ARE going to lose weight :) YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!


SOOOOO- What should 'I' do for a workout???  Here is something to play with:


5min max speed on cardio machine
5min max incline on cardio machine


12 reps of weights - during the 'rest' time go for 25 crunches
REPEAT THE ABOVE 4 TIMES- AND GUESS WHAT- YOU'VE JUST DONE 100 CRUNCHES!!!


You can do all of the above in just about 20min.  How do I know? Because I proved it yesterday during morning gym with guests that didn't hike and we NAILED IT!!!


GO GET 'EM AND KNOCK THE BLANKETY BLANK BLANK OUT OF IT!!!


LOVE,
your trainer Tonia

1 comment:

  1. I just love you Tonia!!! Tell it like it T-I is. Just went to a yoga class...next pilates and then if I haven't passes out ...an aqua fit class....Trying to get back to it...I'm gonna knock the blankity blank blank...out of my day

    love ya,

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete