Saturday, July 14, 2012

JMT training hike with Wendy Shugar

In 4 weeks it's going to happen- all the training that Shugar has been doing is going to payoff- her dream will become a reality and today was yet another step closer to me realizing that holy BLANKETY BLANK BLANK I am truly apart of it!!!  


Today was my first training hike with Shugar- we hiked part of Backbone (left trail head facing trail while standing in parking lot).  We did 7.25 miles with 30lb. packs in 3 hours with barely any rest- I was leading and it was a training hike- do you really think that I was going to let Shugar rest?!?!? 


And to think that 7-1/2 months ago Shugar was a guest at BLR and day one couldn't even bend over to tie her own shoes...


Just goes to show that if you get rid of the excuses, take control of you & actually 'show up' you can do ANYTHING!!!


Love,
Trainer Tonia

No comments:

Post a Comment