Friday, January 13, 2012

Why I do what I do~

Recently a lot of guests have been asking me if I get bored with my job and my reply to them is "look around you, how can anyone get bored with a job like this."  The look around you part refers to of course the obvious- the setting of BLR and and the people that fill the BLR.  Everyone is different.  Everyone has a different story. Everyone has a different challenge.  Everyone brings something different to the BLR.  How can anyone get bored with that.  Yes, the classes are the same but every Monday I meet new people and that's what makes my job different everyday- not boring!


I'm also asked how did I come upon the BLR.  The answer is an old client use to work near Calamigos Ranch and passed along the information about what was happening there.  I submitted my resume but missed the boat as the BLR had just hired everyone for their opening.  I kept pursuing the job and eventually a hiking position opened up which I took under the premise that when a training position opened I would be able to move into it.  So a year later, here I am loving every second of busting every single one of your lungs!!!


Now, let's get down to business... busting your lungs!
If you're running out of ideas as to what to do and how to do it think about doing the following.


Does your gym offer classes such as spinning, dance anything?  If it does, try one of the classes to get your body moving in different ways.  Yes, I said spinning and yes I know that some of you fear spinning due to weight and "everyone in class are small." My response to that- BLANKETY BLANK BLANK them!!!  If anyone looks at you oddly kill them with this "hey bitch, I'm here and doing it- what's your story?" 


Now get out there and get your body moving and bust a lung!!!


Love your trainer,
Tonia

1 comment:

  1. Tonia, I love your blog!! It always makes me smile with your no nonsense way of thinking! I am going to think that the next time I feel judged by the person working out next to me!!

    Keepin' on bustin' a lung!!
    MEG

    ReplyDelete