Thursday, April 26, 2012

DO SOMETHING FANTASTIC TODAY!

Most of you know I live in Calabasas- it's a wealthy community where sometimes people show and show too much.  If you are visiting LA and want to see celebrities and head to Beverly Hills you are wasting your time.  My starbucks is celebrity haven- Trainer Bob- Dwight from the Office- Nicki Stixx (sp?) tons of retired pro ballers- etc- you get the idea.  Calabasas / Agoura - the neighboring city have a small town feel for LA.  I still feel safe enough to leave my car unlocked- leave my phone on the table and go outside- everyone seems to know everyone well enough to say "hi- how was your weekend" and so on.  I use my starbucks as my 'base' for when I run- I have several routes that I run and along these runs I see Mark at every turn- and always at my bux.  Mark is a homeless guy.  Very polite, very quiet and I can't help but wonder what happened to him.  Before I started to write this post I was on my computer and Mark was sitting quietly minding his own business- not begging- nothing.  Instead of asking him what happened I asked him if he would like anything to eat and drink.  Mark walked with me to the counter and ordered a coffee drink and a pastry- of course I also told him to get a fruit cup.  My friend next to me said "you made his day."  I replied "no- the act made my day."


DO SOMETHING FANTASTIC TODAY- NO MATTER HOW SMALL IT IS.


Love, 
your trainer Tonia
xo

2 comments:

  1. You rock! I love that you told him to get the fruit.
    Along the same line, I don't do well with leftovers so I like to give half of my resturant meals to homeless folks. Restaurant portions are usually at least double what they should be so to prevent me from over eating, I give it away! A win- win!
    And when are you going to release the "Tonia's Greatest Hits" CD? I could really use it in my IPod for those slow to get moving days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Tonia! You really are a softy, aren't you? :) What a wonderful thing to do - and I also love that you had him get the fruit.

    ReplyDelete