Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Finding Rhythm~

Finding your rhythm and never giving up- NEVER!


This past Sunday, 12/04 I ran the Say No to Drugs Universal Back Lot 10K and it was beyond extremely cold- freezing- very cold- so cold it hurt!  My feet were cold, my hands were cold, my legs were cold- everything was 'hurt' cold and the race hadn't even started yet.


I gathered at the start line at 7.15AM for a 7.25AM start.  We got held up for 10min. so basically I was getting colder than I already was- I was standing around for 20min.  It was painful.  When the gun sounded I took off and everything was off.  My breathing was labored, my pace was all over the place and my legs were tighter than the Hoover Dam.  I was miserable.  The hills were like Mt. Everest.  I wasn't even able to enjoy the sets (backlot of Universal Studios).  At the 5K mark (my half way point) I was 1% away from calling it a day.  BUT if I had quit I would be a hypocrite- so I rallied, dug my heels in, blocked out the pain (which is temporary) and found my RHYTHM.


I began to focus on the task at hand and how good I was going to feel once I finished with everything I could put into it.  I got my breathing rhythm back, got my pace back and went for it- I mentally put myself someplace else and managed to finish the 10K (6.2 miles) in 1:04.  Considering the first half I couldn't even breathe or move I was very pleased with my finish.


NEVER GIVE UP- NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF- FIND YOUR RHYTHM AND BUST A LUNG!


Love your trainer,
Tonia

No comments:

Post a Comment