Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another week ends and soon another week begins~

With the close of another week at the BLR a lot of emotions arise- emotions of accomplishment, joy & even fear.  In my short time at the BLR I've noticed that fear is a biggie on Friday's and Saturday's.  The fear of leaving such a comfortable place- the fear of not being able to stick to an exercise program- the fear of leaving new friends and losing touch- the fear of LIFE.  But I must ask- didn't 'you' have fear when you woke up on that Sunday knowing that you were checking into a 'weight-loss' facility?  And what about the biggest fear acknowledgement of them all: after a couple of days when 'you' realized that the BLR is not just a 'weight-loss' facility it's a wholly blankety blank blank 'I have a lot of s**t going on in my life and I feel out of control!' facility!

This is where I would like to point out to each and everyone of you- guests that have just departed today, all former guests and current guests- look what you have accomplished with all that fear that was in you!  You've heard my $1,000 bet: find me a professional athlete that works out 6-7 hours day and I'll give you $1,000.  So far I have not had to write any checks (still waiting for mine) THIS IS NOT AN EASY PROGRAM AND YOU HAVE JUST COMPLETED A (OR ANOTHER) WEEK OF IT!!!  So enjoy the rest of today and tomorrow and when Monday rolls along feel good knowing that you can eaisly bust a lung for at least a 1 hour workout or another Monday BLR workout and furthermore, feel empowered that not only have you nailed the week physically but you kicked the blankety blank blank out of it mentally!!!

Now rest up, enjoy & never stop believing

1 comment:

  1. I remember my first trip to the ranch and after being there for two weeks, I felt not only a sense of accomplishment, but also a dose of reality. During my second week, I had to stay back from a hike due to a hip injury and I kept focusing on what I couldn't do for 2 and 1/2 hours and I let that become my focus, until a certain somebody pulled me aside (thanks Tonia) and helped me to realize how incredibly senseless this thought process was. I got caught up in this self loathing process and failed to reward myself for all the hard work I had put in the other 80 plus hours. So what ever you do keep the positive above the negative because it's a much stronger force and it will begin to take over and when that charge takes a hold of you, look out because the sky is the limit. So keep pressing on!

    ReplyDelete