Wednesday, September 7, 2011

LIFE...time to focus on the positive- for you Sam~

As some of you may know, myself and several other trainers (including Sam) from the BLR- Malibu started training for this: 
LA Rock & Roll 1/2 marathon


Although I'm not at liberty to discuss all the 'what's, how's & why's' of Sam's accident, I can say that he is lucky to be alive.  Needless to say, Sam will be absent from the event and absent from any kind of training for sometime to come.  I, along with everyone reading this want to see the greatest outcome for our trainer Sam- BUT until that day I normally ask 'you' "WHY ARE YOU HERE (at the BLR)"  Today I ask all of you reading this- "what is YOUR excuse for not training today?


If you've read this far 1) you have already completed a stay at the BLR which brings us to 2) there are NO MORE EXCUSES!!! Remember guys, we/you left that blankety blank blank stuff in the dust and trampled the blankety blank blank out of it!!!  


Now, here is your Wednesday (and remember, it's the last Wednesday of the week) challenge of the day- and if anything, dedicate today's training to Sam- hear his voice cheering you on and get out there and sweat while busting a lung for Sam!


  1. 45min. cardio of your choice
  2. plank as much as you can for 90sec - if you go down- count 1,2 and up again
  3. 5 series of sprints for 1min/1min baseline - 1 time 60 sec LET'S GO!!!

7 comments:

  1. Okay so it's Wed. and anyone who has been to the ranch knows, that this day can be pure hell. But having just returned from there, I chose to embrace this challenge and take it a step further. See anyone who has trained with Tonia, knows that she counts differently than everyone and anyone, so I embraced that counting method and did cardio for 75 minute, 3 - 2 min and 30 sec. planks and 4 one minute sprints. Thanks for this challenge. I'm loving this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. attention all BLR peeps- if Laurie can do this, so can YOU!!! I can say say that a few years ago Laurie was in a horrific car accident which literally left her with her head screwed on and a fused cervical spine (not a joke), rods down her femur (the bone that attaches to your hip) and a cracked skull- so now I ask the rest of you, why are you still reading this!?!? Get out there and bust a blankety blank blank lung!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this Tonia. So shocked and sad abt Sam and def pushed hard last night thinking about how lucky I am that I am able to push right now.

    Tonight I have my kettle bell bootcamp class from 7-8 then off to the gym to get in this challenge.

    Laurie - congrats on the recovery and good on you for pushing - such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonia - OMG! I love this blog! This is just what I need! I did weight training today... ran for 20 mins, kicked butt with the planks and sprints! Thanks so much for setting something like this up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay it's a fabulous friday and as followers of this blog, we all know that Tonia a native New Yorker would want all of us to step up to the plate and give back to those who gave all. So here's a little something will can do. If you have access to a stairmaster at your local gym, climb either the 113 floors or how ever far you can, in memory of one you've loved and or lost. No time limit here. Just climb knowing that the firefighters did it for perfect strangers. If you didn't know anyone do it for yourself, it'll make you feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Laurie- I'll add to the time limit aspect- you have until Sunday at 6:59AM PST to begin the climb- this is when the South Tower collapsed- However, the climb must be completed on the first attempt- no time limit, but must not stop climbing once your foot leaves the ground- LET'S ALL DO IT FOR 9/11 AND FOR EACH OTHER!!!

    ReplyDelete